Software System Designer 2 - 148161
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software System Designer 2
If you're passionate about experimenting with the latest and greatest new technologies through beta-testing software, drivers or operating systems, this is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be part of the growing AMD Graphics Software QA team delivering new technologies to production.
This role is an exciting opportunity in which you will have great exposure to all the latest technologies in the computer graphics industry including desktop/mobile gaming and professional workstation segments. You will get hands-on with testing the latest games, prototype hardware, and newest software features, and have an opportunity to drive improvement to overall software quality.
The successful candidate would be comfortable interacting with the Windows OS and reporting on the results of manual and automated testing. Identifying areas for automation will be a key area of growth moving forward.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team with a strong focus on the quality of new software features and new operating systems support for our graphics driver releases. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the PC industry, software quality and problem solving, and has a relentless focus on customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion, interest and curiosity for PCs, graphics and display technologies. Familiarity with PC hardware, modern Microsoft Windows operating systems and use cases for different scenarios will be very valuable in this role.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in software, gaming, testing or a related field. The right individual must work well with others, be a great communicator, and understand the functions of the different disciplines on a QA team. Familiarity with the architecture of a PC, and an expert in building PC systems and troubleshooting issues is a must.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can think outside the box to break software and have the drive to work with the development team to get the bugs resolved for production.
- Uncover and reproduce issues through manual and automated testing, and work with engineering teams to prioritize and drive to resolution
- Identify opportunities for test automation and manage a pool of test machines for automated testing
- Communicate key status updates for high-impact issues
- Verify proper implementation of features against design specifications
- Exercise testing methodologies in the PC, gaming and professional workstation industries
- Test and help improve AMD’s graphics hardware and software
- Expert in building PCs and troubleshooting computer issues
- Expert in Windows OS. Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
- Background in Software QA, PC or gaming industry
- Scripting or test automation experience (Python, C#)
- Excellent analytical skills and a razor-sharp eye for details
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and strong reading comprehension
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment with changing demands
- Highly reliable, and self-motivated with excellent time and task management
- Good judgement to estimate the significance and consequences of bugs that are found during testing
- Experience with defect tracking tools (i.e. TestTrack Pro, Jira, Bugzilla).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Markham, Ontario
Requisition Number: 148161
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.