Software System Designer 2 (166005)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Person is going to be part of Machine Learning Software Engineering QA (MLSE QA) team. He/she would be responsible for developing new test cases and automating tests that are used for validation of the ROCm software and its components.
The ideal candidate would be detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and passionate about Quality and Test Automation. He should be able to work as a member of a team, while also being able to work independently, and lead.
- Responsible for AMD’s new GPU/System bring up, ROCm SW stack testing etc
- Responsible for quality and timeliness of result for a portion of project
- Executing white box, black box, and regression tests for existing ROCm features
- Contribute to Improve overall process, quality of products
- Be involved in automation of manual test cases and work closely with automation team
- Make more complex technical decisions independently
- Implement checks and balances independently to minimize the impact of mistakes
- Good understanding of test lifecycle, QA process & terminology
- Strong understanding & Hands-on experience with Linux OS
- Strong knowledge of Device drivers, Firmware
- Good understanding of PC hardware, BIOS, Chipsets, Graphics cards
- Test Execution Experience in an automation environment
- Define, develop, execute functional/performance/load tests, and integrate them with automation infrastructure
- Establishing and sharing best practices, designing, and executing a robust test strategy
- Proficiency in at least one programming language preferably Python
- Hands on with issues triaging and debugging
- Understanding of parallel programming, ideally OpenCL, ROCm, CUDA, and OpenACC [Nice to have]
- Understanding of machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision technologies [Nice to have]
- Strong analysis, problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Good verbal & written communication skill is must
- Good attitude, result driven & ability to deliver on next gen technology
- BTech or MTech
Requisition Number: 166005
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Telangana City: Hyderabad
Job Function: Design