Sound Designer [Star Wars Project]
Your life at Ubi
As Sound Designer at Ubisoft, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
Your main mission:
- Producing and creating original sound and audio assets in both interactive and linear formats
- Integrating assets into Wwise and our in-house game engine, ensuring that they work as intended in game.
- Record, edit, and catalogue assets produced from field recording and studio sessions
- Mixing and mastering assets
- Collaborating with other members of the audio team as well and other disciplines
- Occasionally processing, mixing, and managing dialogue assets
The professional value you bring:
- Professional experience as a sound designer in the video game industry; ideally you have credits on at least 1-major AAA title
- Proficient with Wwise and modern DAW (Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton, Reaper)
- Experienced with most industry-standard plugins and toolsets (Waves, Izotope, Fabfilter)
- Experience in-game audio scripting
- Experience creating and mixing 5.1 and 7.1 content for games and linear media
- Experience in field & studio recording
- Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering
- Understanding of PS4, Xbox One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations
The personal value you bring:
• Curiosity and passion for the video game industry
• Team player, building good relationships and proactive
• Easily adaptable, able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software
• Creative, with high standards
• Good knowledge of English
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on any basis, such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, age, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different.
We are committed to providing a safe and respectful working environment and foster learning and creativity.