Source Composition Analysis
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Source Composition Analysis
Our team writes large scale infrastructure and tools in C#, Perl and C++ for Windows and Linux. Our software is used during all stages of product development across multiple AMD sites and includes distributed automation and build processes, web applications and databases to track millions of records generated by thousands of systems. We are constantly adapting our software development processes (e.g. continuous integration, unit testing and TDD, code reviews) to lead the challenges we accept.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer with expertise in Source Composition Analysis. Person will be responsible for configuring and performing source code intellectual property and security vulnerabilities scanning process. Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to read and understand code in multiple languages are critical.
You are a self-starter with the passion for driving large-scale technical projects, consistent record of solving highly sophisticated problems along with solid technical background. You possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills. You are used to working independently, yet as part of a team where teamwork is of utmost importance.
· Administer and apply OSS and security vulnerabilities scanning software
· Drive scanning process automations and optimizations
· Perform results analysis and generate reports
· Work with other departments to establish and update formal scanning and compliance process
· Collaborate closely with development teams to ensure accordance with IP law and OSS licenses
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Understanding of IP licensing principles and open source compliance
· Experience with source code and security vulnerabilities scanning software, such as Palamida, Black Duck, Protecode SC
· Good knowledge of C++, proven ability to read and understand Java and Python code
· Working knowledge of scripting languages such as shell scripts and Perl
· Excellent research and analytical skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Fast learner
· Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent
Canada/US - Flexible
Requisition Number: 182701
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.