Source Control Programmer [Snowdrop]
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
As a Source Control Programmer, you will be a primary stakeholder in features and development connected to Source Control in our Snowdrop engine, empowering our developers to create ambitious AAA games. You'll also collaborate with our diverse team of programmers, data managers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions where performance, memory, and load times are taken into account.
As part of our Editor and Technology team, you will ensure structured, continued development of our inhouse engine Snowdrop™. You will be part of a friendly team of twelve programmers who demonstrate technical transparency and close collaboration to achieve shared goals.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Designing, implementing, debugging, and iterating on new and existing engine systems and tools;
- Ensuring artists and designers can smoothly and safely iterate on their work through the versioning systems
- Identifing recurring problems and pain points and suggest or implement permanent fixes in close collaboration with build engineers and data managers
- Maintaining user facing tools for the data version control system as well as the backend and connecting tech behind it.
What you’ll bring
You are service minded, organized and appreciate efficiency. You’re able to work independently and recommend effective solutions based on your professional experience. To succeed in this position, we see that you have a firm general technical understanding to feel right at home working with systems that see constant change and improvements.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven work experience with Tools Development and Perforce, Git or other data version control systems
- Professional competence with C++
- Experience with multi-threaded development, performance analysis tools, network programming and Optimization
- Professional experience working with larger codebases
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.