Specialist, Competitive Operations VALORANT
As Specialist, Competitive Operations VALORANT (or League Operations as it's know internally) you will report to the VALORANT Competition Manager and be part of the Competitive Operations Department in Berlin. You will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate Riot Games Esports ecosystems in EMEA.
Your focus will be to support the design, administration, and operation of VALORANT esports in EMEA. In collaboration with your colleagues, your goal is to operate a competition ecosystem in EMEA that offers best-in-class sports media entertainment for fans, an aspirational career opportunity for pro players, a healthy business environment for teams and partners, and a competition that meets the highest standards of competitive integrity.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of rules and regulations of the competition
- Execute match operations and serve as head referee for in-house productions, supervise match operations for outsourced productions
- Be the point of contact for our tournament partners to handle day to day competitive operations
- Assist with designing, maintaining and evolving competition rules and policies to match the ever-changing needs of the ecosystem
- Assist with competition ecosystem design, formats, and scheduling
- Support our dispute resolution and investigation efforts to help resolve conflict and uphold the integrity of the competition
- Manage pro-team and player relations in collaboration with our tournament partners
- You have 2+ years of experience or advanced degree in esports or sports league administration, sports media entertainment, or equivalent
- You have very good knowledge of VALORANT and its mechanics; you can tell if it’s a bug and not a feature
- You know how esports tournaments work and you have a solid knowledge about competition rules and operations
- Experience in managing tournament partners
- Strong knowledge of the esports industry in EMEA
- Fluency in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Turkish, Russian, Arabic, French, German, or Spanish
- You are very familiar with the FPS esports scene in EMEA
- You have a strong understanding of the esports and sports industry, league and team business
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!