Specialist II, Accounts Payable
Job Title: AP Specialist II
Introduction to EA & India Centre:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices, and the Internet.
EA India’s office in Hyderabad supports game development activities for mobile gaming, console, online and free to play casual game portal pogo.com. Two corporate functions operate shared services centers: IT- provides networks & applications support whereas Finance supports purchase to pay, accounts receivables, revenue accounting, fixed assets accounting, procurement support, payroll & FP&A.
Introduction to Function & Role:
The Accounts Payable process is carried out for North America, Europe and APAC regions including Non-English-speaking countries.
The scope includes Invoice Processing, Validation, IOH, Vendor creation, Disbursement and Helpdesk activities within agreed timeline as per EA internal policy, ensure timely payment to suppliers and employees and managing Customer Service for the internal customers.
The responsibility of an AP Specialist II is to have end to end knowledge on 2 to 3 AP activities as listed above along with hands on working experience to support the process on daily basis as per the requirement.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Ability to work on the assigned process and support team as per the process requirement.
2. Provide excellent customer service to our business partners and suppliers to resolve their queries to fix the issues.
3. Do the follow up on pending items on a regular and timely basis.
4. Address on help desk queries and resolutions as per request within agreed SLA.
5. Look for the opportunities in cleaning the aged items by working with different teams to keep the records up to date.
6. Experience on Non-speaking English language countries AP processes, also understanding different tax concepts of various countries. Specially for Canada region taxes is an added advantage.
7. Ability to work on multi tasking activities to deliver within agreed timelines.
8. Deliver internal set defined targets on Productivity and Accuracy.
9. Work closely with IT on the system issues & change requests to ensure the relevant testing is done before moving the fix to Prod.
10. Guide and train new team members to meet the learning curve
11. Adhere to the policies and procedure under structured supervision.
12. Adept in publishing the quarterly metric and documenting the process change in a timely manner.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 4 – 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable process and relevant experience of 2 - 3 years in Payments, VM activities & help desk queries.
- Hands on experience with R12 preferred & remote transition is an added advantage.
- Intermediate level in MS Office.
- Keyboard skills more than 25 words per minute
- Passion for continuous improvement and leveraging technology
- Outgoing personality with excellent verbal & written English communication skills, commitment to achieving results.
- Good team player and result oriented
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours given the potential global coverage of this role.