Spring 2023 GPU ML Performance Architect Co-Op/ Intern
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
GPU ML Performance Architect
AMD is looking for an individual to join GPU architecture team to work on next generation GPU architecture for machine learning acceleration. The job includes architecture modeling and developing Deep Learning GPU kernels for architecture exploration and performance projection.
The ideal candidate will involved in architecture modeling and writing high performance GPU kernels for Machine Learning applications to run on AMD’s next generation GPU.
- They will be porting and optimizing algorithms for new GPU architecture
- Implement new architecture ideas then analyze performance impact
- Perform code reviews, authoring detailed documentation related to their work.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Extensive experience with machine learning
- Experience on GPU programing
- Strong understanding of GPU architecture
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of Parallel-Computing, GPUs, or 3D graphics
- Familiarity with deep neural network machine learning technologies and modern machine learning programming frameworks
Ph.D. or MSc student in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering.
Hands-on experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch and/or TensorFlow.
Understanding computer architecture.
Understanding ML methods.
Adequate communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
Expected Start Date: January 2023
Duration: 6 months, working full-time (40 hours per week)
Requisition Number: 187601
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.