Spring 2023 Hardware Engineer Co-Op/ Intern
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Excited about exploring leading technology in Computer Engineering? Do you enjoy problem-solving unique implementation and design challenges? Then we have the right role for you!
The SPSE Co-op/Intern is responsible for all aspects of building leading edge servers which are used to validate AMD’s EPYC Server Platform chipset. You will be working with various Engineering Teams within AMD and the Tech Industry to debug next generation technologies.
We are seeking an analytical thinker with problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate: enjoys ambitious work in a multi-project team environment using state-of-the-art tools and technology, is a self-starter who is able to work independently to complete tasks on schedule, and demonstrates creativity with "out-of-the-box" solutions and high initiative to solve unassigned but project impacting issues.
- Work with Engineers and comprehend electronic schematics to do basic debug on computer systems
- Understand and comprehend basic Computer Architecture
- Build various types of servers used to validate AMD CPUs
- Troubleshoot error log files
- Write defect tickets when an error is determined
- Additional responsibilities may include implementing script/tool for hardware debugging
- Working knowledge of both Linux and Windows environments
- Basic understanding of digital electronics, electrical schematics, and thermodynamics
- General tools experience with MS Office Suite and Power Bi
- Hands on experience with building computer systems and basic computer maintenance
- Has worked in a high paced collaborative environment
- In the process of obtaining a BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Requisition Number: 187902
Country: United States State: North Carolina City: Morrisville
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.