Sr. 2D Artist
Glu Mobile’s diverse portfolio features original and licensed IP titles like Covet Fashion, Design Home, Diner DASH Adventures, Disney Sorcerer’s Arena, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and MLB Tap Sports Baseball. Glu’s culture is rooted in fostering creativity to deliver world-class mobile experiences for players around the world. Find roles in game design, product management, engineering, art and more.
We are looking for a Sr 2D artist to join our mobile game team.
You will report and work under the guidance of the Senior Art Director and Associate Art Director. You will create costumes for avatars, photocompose and photo-bash for 2D assets and provide feedback for our in-house team as well as our team in India. We would like to hear from someone who is experienced in live art production and has worked with a team of artists on a mobile product for at least 3 years
We are looking for someone who can provide experience and is committed improving the quality of our games as well as mentoring other team members.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Senior Art Director and Associate Art Director, producers, content, and engineers.
- Your area of focus would include creating Live art
- Provide feedback and guidance on best practices and new approaches to junior staff.
- Maintain the Art Director's vision of project goals and visual quality targets
- Create costumes for 2D avatars
- Create final in-game assets with either digital painting and/or photo-bashing·
- Provide daily feedback on garments
- Collaborate with the Associate Art Directors and in-house art team on assets for new game features and events
You'll be a great fit if you have the following:
- At least three years of working as a senior artist on a live mobile product
- Excellent illustrative skills or concept art skills
- Digital painting experience with Photo-bashing
It would be a bonus, but not a requirement, if you had experience of:
- 3d art experience (Blender)
- Graphic Design Experience (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD)
- Animation Experience (After Effects, Spine)
- Experience in managing people
We would like to see a portfolio that includes examples of your latest work, with examples of 2D production artwork for games.