Sr Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Senior Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Full-Time | Manages People: No | Location: Redwood Shores, CA
We are looking for an experienced senior analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team, reporting to a manager of Marketing and Commercial Analytics.
As a member of the team, you will be working independently and collaboratively on a diverse number of problems and challenges unique to the gaming industry. The scope of the work will involve pulling in large amounts of data, running complicated analysis pipelines, conducting experiments, developing data products and models, and more.
You will work with leaders from the marketing, commercial, and studio organizations to understand their data and decision-making needs, and then prescribe an analytical approach to address those needs. As such, you will need to work closely with your partners and team members, orient your work towards clear business objectives, and ensure your insights are easily understandable for audiences with varying analytical backgrounds. This role will require considerable self-driving and autonomy but will offer a lot of creative space to solve problems and drive impact.
You will be a part of a global team that interacts with all parts of the organization, working across time zones and geographical locations to collaborate and partner on complex projects. Due to this you will gain a wide visibility into the structure of this large organization and its operation.
What you will do
- Proactively explore large first-party data sets to identify opportunities, ideate, and generate project ideas and initiatives.
- Apply statistical, experimental, and machine learning methods to solve business problems, optimize output, and generate insights and learnings.
- Find creative and original ways to get around data availability, consistency, or comprehensiveness issues to arrive at proxy solutions addressing the needs of the organization.
- Connect with partners and stakeholders to understand and articulate their requirements into an analytically framed list of requirements to ensure it supports their needs.
- Take a structured and methodical approach analyses, working from a thought-out analysis plan with predefined milestones and checkpoints.
- Package and present the results of analyses to partners and stakeholders as needed, adjusting the output as needed for the target audience.
- Use foundational learnings and insights to build data products that inform decision makers at critical junctures.
- Evangelize results and learnings across the organization, promoting team output to partners and stakeholders.
- Create, maintain, and automate various data extraction, transformation, and loading processes.
- Curious and creative, you enjoy working on complex problems, exploring data, and extracting the signal from the noise.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to operationalize abstract questions into a quantitative investigation and tackle them in a data-driven manner.
- Strong communication skills - regular project updates, communication with and across teams, and analytical “storytelling” - distilling quantitative insights into easy to digest and intuitive presentation form.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, and with other teams spread globally.
- You have the enthusiasm and motivation to challenge thinking and promote meaningful change.
- Gaming experience or industry familiarity an advantage.
Background and Technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) field or economics; Advanced degrees an advantage. Will also consider candidates with advanced degrees in social sciences – psychology, sociology, economics, etc. (given an appropriate statistical skillset).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant hands-on analytical experience, advantage for experience in gaming or other entertainment industries. Advantage for previous marketing analytics experience.
- Knowledge-of and practical experience with statistics, probability, and hypothesis testing.
- Knowledge of experimental design and execution a plus.
- Strong SQL skills for data extraction and manipulation.
- Expertise with R (preferred) or Python for data analysis and data visualization.
- Advanced statistics and computational skills a plus - e.g., modeling, machine learning, programming.
- Strong visualization, dashboarding (Looker), and BI skills an advantage.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.