Sr Architect - Cloud & Identity
Position Title: Sr Architect - Cloud & Identity
Location: Austin, Texas, USA
What does the EA IT Secure Identity Platform Team do?
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. EA has more than 600 million active players and operates in 75 countries.
Our team, the Secure Identity Platform group is a new central technology team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Enterprise Identity systems that help with Enterprise Single Sign-on, Access Management, Mail & Calendar and maintenance of Mission Critical IT Infrastructure. Our goal is to deliver scalable solutions for unphishable authentication across all EA applications, Simplified access management and Secure email communication.
What will you be doing?
The Cloud & Identity Solutions Architect role is a strategic role overseeing the architecture, design, and engineering functions for EA’s Secure Identity Platform team. This role will
be responsible for collaborating with global business leaders, IT and security architects, and
vendors to ensure EA’s information and services are secure and adhere to EA’s user
experience paradigms. This role will provide subject matter expertise for identity and related
engineering functions, with a specific emphasis on enterprise security. .
You will be responsible for leading and managing architecture for mission critical identity solutions.
You must ensure stellar product quality by adhering to established security best practices and standards. You should also be updated with the changes and roadmap of key Identity products.
You will be interacting with Security stakeholders, Tech executives, product managers, project managers, Operations teams, Security Architects, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across the US and other geographies.
- Collaborate with business partners, product managers, and EA’s leadership to understand organizational goals, socialize product needs, and drive the creation of an identity and access management product roadmap
- Work with architects, engineers, and technical stakeholders to understand development processes, frameworks, architectures, and new paradigms and how they apply to identity and access management
- Oversee the architecture, design, and delivery of a highly scalable identity and access management solution that addresses the needs of EA’s business users, developers, security, and related stakeholders
- Collaborate with EA’s experience design team to understand EA’s user experience strategy and apply this strategy to identity, access, and security capabilities
- Lead the creation of a technical product roadmap, socializing industry and security best practices, new capabilities, and enhancements that ensure EA’s identity and access management platform are industry leading and meet EA’s internal needs
- Possess and maintain a deep knowledge of identity, access, and related security and development standards and frameworks. Be able to apply these concepts to product and technical solution development
- Manage the refinement of organizational strategy and product roadmap into specific product capabilities and technical features. Possess the ability to organize and drive agile based delivery of these capabilities, using world-class engineering processes
- Mentor junior members of the team on architecture and identity best practices
- Manage architecture, design, and capability catalogs outlining the identity and access management deployment, capability, networking, business process, and related designs
- Create platform architecture and design documentation describing the business processes, support processes, platform design, data flow, component interactions, API designs and requirements, and related features required by engineers, DevOps, QA, and other members to create EA’s identity and access management platform
- Manage vendor relationships, understand vendor product roadmaps, and be able to socialize and plan for the impact of vendor changes on EA solutions
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard authentication and authorization protocols including OIDC, OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, WS-fed, FIDO, WebAuthN
- Experience with SAFe, Lean portfolio management, and general Agile practices
- Experience leading a team (collaborative or direct reports)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with Okta’s platform and deploying enterprise identity and access management solutions
- Experience deploying enterprise highly available and redundant solutions to cloud services, such as AWS
- 7+ years in the technology field, with 4-6+ years working in the identity and access management domain
Nice to Have:
- Deep knowledge of AWS’s services
- Experience with serverless technology and micro-services
- Proven security incident management
- Experience as a full-stack engineering creating enterprise software solutions
- Experience as an enterprise architect and executing using LEAN methodologies in a start-up environment
- Experience with passwordless solutions and related architectures
- Experience working with a global and highly international workforce
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $129,050 - $204,600
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $127,850 - $204,600
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $127,850 - $204,600
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $127,850 - $189,050
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $127,850 - $189,050
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.