Sr BI Technical Analyst
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
This position will support the maintenance and expansion of the services and capabilities of the Enterprise BI platform. This would serve the reporting and Analytics needs of various departments and processes across NOA - from Finance, Supply Chain, Order 2 Cash, Source 2 Pay, Consumer Repairs, Projects, Tax, Inventory, Sales, Forecasting, Licensing etc…
The ideal person will combine functional experience in Business processes and technical experience in BI domain to work closely with Business users, understand their pain areas in Analytics and resolve them. Nudge the business users to change the way they think about data beyond just reporting - to look at more analytical use cases, think about how they are using data and to consider automation of manual steps involved in preparing analysis and reports. Educate users about the capabilities of BI platform and use those capabilities to design solutions that make Reporting and Analytics an easier experience for all stakeholders.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Develops Business Intelligence (BI), Data Warehousing and Reporting solutions to address growing business reporting, analytics, and data requirements.
- Analyzes business environments, gathers business requirements, and creates data visualizations in support of product.
- Develops and builds dashboards to manage, communicate, and display data.
- Assesses the feasibility and cost effectiveness of proposed BI solutions to advise clients and key stakeholders on solutions that meet their needs and IT best practices and constraints.
- Partners with constituents to define ongoing analytics and reporting needs, ensuring that needs are documented, costed, and prioritized appropriately, and that a mid to long-term solutions delivery schedule is established.
- Works collaboratively with software engineers to define and translate BI requirements into developed solutions. Actively participates in the development of solutions.
- Complies with established best practices, compliance regulations and internal controls
- Serves as liaison between business constituents and internal/global IT teams to provide subject matter expertise in support of existing systems related to BI and collaborate on strategic roadmaps to align business initiatives and product development.
- Manages software development lifecycle (SDLC) activities, including release planning, requirements gathering, design, configurations, planning, creating, and executing test cases and analyzing results.
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience in design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions.
- Strong Experience in user interface design and data visualization front-end architecture and implementation experience using tools such as Tableau
- Strong understanding of Tableau’s security model and architecture.
- Good understanding of Database Concepts.
- Ability to write custom queries to perform data analysis and to build and publish data sources for Tableau
- Strong understanding of Data Pipelines, Data warehousing and Data modeling concepts.
- Good understanding of business processes in one or more of these domains – Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement to Pay, Order Management, e-commerce.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies (SDLC).
- Good understanding and work experience in Cloud platforms like Snowflake, AWS (preferred)
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field.