Sr. Client Engineer
The Sr. Client Engineer at The Pokémon Company International will design and develop, in Unity, for best-in-class video game entertainment. This role will work within an incubator team where you’ll work and guide others’ work on bringing new ideas to life and setting the path for future products.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with multiple disciplines to develop and prove out game features and mechanics.
- Drive the technical design and implementation of new features.
- Be an example of technical excellence and proactive problem solving.
- Build features in a way that enables easy testing and flexibility during development with a focus on putting deliverables into stakeholders’ hands early and often.
- With a highly collaborative team, you will prototype, design, and develop clean code with your broad knowledge of game systems.
- Actively participate in scheduling and sprint planning while collaborating with colleagues in production and test.
- Mentor others by providing the what’s and how’s to more junior members of the team.
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years in a game development role.
- 3+ years of experience with Unity game development with at least one shipped Unity title in a senior or leadership position.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and developing a variety of client-based game systems.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and present multiple solutions.
- Effective communication skills, especially within teams and with technical information.
- Ability to accurately identify and navigate risks through the product planning process.
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards for peers through your work and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Creativity and Vision: You inject originality into your daily work research, knowledge and networking. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
- Strategic Partner: You understand current state and can visualize the ideal state to be able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees to translate vision into action. You provide your team stretch assignments and encourage continuous learning and development.
- People Developer: You actively support others stretching beyond their comfort levels and trying new techniques that may enhance success. You coach for incremental, one-step-at-a-time improvements, offering praise and recognition as each step forward is made.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.