Sr. Director, Business Systems
Reporting to the CIO, the Senior Director, Business Systems, will lead the planning and implementation of enterprise IT initiatives that result in successful delivery of the highest quality, most reliable, scalable, and efficient technology solutions that improve Unity’s competitive edge.
Our technology landscape is constantly evolving to support Unity's fast and global growth. We are re-architecting and introducing new systems, processes, and automations, and rapidly growing our teams. We are looking for a senior leader to help run Business Systems primarily supporting our G&A teams with their operations needs. In this role, you will lead a team of systems analysts, developers, and administrators to build solutions that help implement and achieve our strategies and drive revenue. You will own our systems architecture, solution design and implementation and drive the technology selection process. You will collaborate with business units and Ops functions to ensure that all business needs are prioritized and met.
What you'll be doing
- Work to understand Unity's business, organizations and needs and to define, share and drive long-term strategies.
- Own our G&A and Finance systems infrastructure — all the tools that we use to operate as a business (the architecture, layout, and usage of those tools).
- Work across functional organizations within Unity to prioritize and create roadmaps for the implementation of projects/programs based on business impact and value.
- Invest in strong skills in your team and ensure the team is aligned with business objectives while maintaining a high degree of morale.
- Mentor the team to ensure all members are progressing in their career plans while supporting company goals.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Product, and Customer Support, and other teams to ensure Unity's continuing success.
- Serve as a partner for company-wide initiatives, working across divisions and translating sophisticated business requirements into intuitive and intelligent platform solutions to support our business objectives.
What we're looking for
- Extensive experience in establishing business systems and business processes for the G&A functions and operations of SaaS companies.
- Operational approach, excellence in execution of current priorities with high attention to detail.
- Interest in and ability to investigate and understand sophisticated systems and interdependencies.
- High energy and passion for winning; self-motivated.
- Outstanding collaboration across levels and functions; extraordinarily strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution; ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations.
- Strategic approach, thinking ahead and preparing our systems for what will be needed in the future; able to frame and confront issues and make tough decisions.
- Experience with high growth (>50% Y2Y) and acquisitions.
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team.
You might also have
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related areas.
- Deep knowledge of the S/W and SaaS industry.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.