Sr. Employee Relations Specialist
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are looking for a Senior Employee Relations Specialist/Employee Relations Manager based in France. The position is for an initial fixed-term duration of 18 month with an immediate start date, based remotely in France or out of AMD’s Grenoble office.
In this role you will coordinate, partner, manage and execute employee relations activities in Europe, with a focus on France. You will lead Employee Relations projects, including labor relations and manager coaching.
- First point of contact for employee and labor relation matters in France and other European countries
- Manage employee relations cases independently and make recommendations in collaboration with HRBPs, ER lead, employment legal and other stakeholders
- Provide specialist advice on labor relations requirements and procedures on employee and stakeholder enquiries
- Ensure compliance with employment law, policies/regulations, and processes
- Assess current procedures, policies and other documents with a focus on compliance, combined with simplification, atomization and scalability
- Deliver coaching, advice and manager training on employee relations matters, incl. performance management, staged return to work after sickness and conflict resolution
- Keep up to date with local labor law changes and provide direction to ensure local compliance of key corporate initiatives
- Represent the employer in the regular meetings with the designated employee representatives/works council
- Lead special HR/ER projects and processes in cooperation with stakeholders, EMEA HR lead, ER Lead and Legal by setting timelines, conducting research, and successfully implementing the project objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent specialized qualification in HR, Business, Employment and/or Labor Law
- Min. 5 years of Employee Relations experience in Human Resources within Labor Relations in France, experience with other European countries a major advantage
- Strong knowledge of employment and labor law in France and other European countries
- Proficiency in negotiation, influencing and decision-making
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and good judgement skills
- Proactive team player with an ‘out of the box’ thinking approach
- Eager to continuously learn and develop
- Able to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Fluent in English and French, other European languages a major advantage
Requisition Number: 173926
Country/Region/Location: France State/Province: Ile-de-France City: Paris
Job Function: Human Resources