Sr. Finance Analyst
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Finance Analyst role is a high-visibility cross-functional role within the AMD Finance Organization. This person will be responsible for revenue reporting for various channels across Graphics product categories. Plays a key role in AMD Finance organization by ensuring accurate revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP and by owning and improving processes and analyses to contribute to data driven business actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting or related field; CPA preferred; experience or educational background in revenue finance preferred.
- Experience in financial planning/analysis with a focus on operational / process environments.
- Capable of strategic thinking with strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly organized, have a natural drive for results, be able to work on multiple projects / analysis at the same time that vary widely in scope, size, and type (assigned projects require the individual to, develop assumptions, gather data, build models, and analyze data with little guidance, minimum supervision and often in ambiguous situations).
- Experience in supporting and regular interaction with senior level company executives.
- Excellent skills in verbal, written, and presentation communications to all levels and types of management.
- Ability to lead people through a process and be able to take charge as appropriate.
- Ability to completely maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Strong spreadsheet skills (MS Office applications) required. Knowledge of EDW, SAP and BW/BI a plus.
- Partner with Graphics BU, Radeon Product team, Pricing strategy/planning and Sales finance
- Coordinate and collaborate very closely with Regions to reflect correct pricing rebates/discounts
- Provided Weekly & Monthly Financial update to the RTG key leadership team regarding current quarter’s progress to budget on Operating Expenses, Capital & Headcount execution.
- Drive continuous process improvements by collaborating closely with Sales, Finance, Accounting and Business Unit.
- Preparation of Operating business plans and forecast (s) for Operating & Capital Expenses with variance analysis
- Month-end, Year End and Accounting & Reporting close activities requirements
- Assume full ownership on Ad Hoc project, reports, and analyses as required
Skills & Competencies:
- Solid financial analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent planning, collaboration, motivation, conflict resolution /negotiation skills
- Capable of presenting financial results to business audiences in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to make/influence decisions, and establish highly collaborative relationships in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work with, influence and communicate effectively with core team peers and business functional area stakeholders
- Ability to work in a complex team environment as well as independently
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Ability to work with Executives to individual contributors to drive necessary business actions/decisions.
- Solid understanding of financial statements
- Bachelors in Accounting
Requisition Number: 176263
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.