Sr. IT System Administrator
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. IT System Administrator
- Job Summary: Performs The Sr. IT System Administrator s responsible for providing a superior customer experience through tactical troubleshooting, monitoring and proactive incident resolution for the Company’s systems infrastructure. This role is the senior point for all IE/UK IT Services/Systems and is responsible for supporting and maintaining of corporate servers, software systems, and applications and to provide insights for our clients. Being resourceful to identify issues and articulate in communicating resolution steps to bring the customer’s incident to a resolved state is key.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Serve as both the technical lead and technical expert in the area of system administration for complex systems and an understanding of multi-office network infrastructure for the IE/UK offices.
- Be responsible for proactive management, support, and drive improvement of existing systems.
- Provide technical leadership and support as an escalation point for Service Desk team members in London and Dublin.
- Monitor systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establish back-ups, and monitor systems security.
- Maintain servers, create system reports, and validate system functionality.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with server application errors, performance issues, and hardware malfunctions across the enterprise.
- Provide post-mortem support to determine root cause of service interruptions and make recommendations on changes needed to prevent recurrence.
- Deliver guidance or direction to the IT team and engage external vendor support as required.
- Ensure consistent, timely, and effective response for all technical incidents/tickets reported by customers and colleagues.
- Identify recurring incidents and trends within a customer’s environment and troubleshoot with the appropriate technical resources, ensuring resolution of more complex issues.
- Observe user needs and system functionality and make recommendations to management. Increase system administration efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts.
- Seek out opportunities to automate and reduce repetitive manual procedures and tasks.
- Stay abreast of latest changes, features, and security practices for enterprise servers, networking, and storage.
- Research and implement; keeping up to date with latest technologies to further improve policies, processes, and systems.
- Collaboratively assist with special projects, new application, and system deployments.
- Steer cross functional projects with system architecture recommendations and best practices.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and standard operating procedures for all systems related processes.
- Consult with colleagues on best practices and standards.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
What you’ll bring
- 8 to 11+ years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Experience in progressively complex roles providing technical support to end users.
- Technical expertise in: Windows Server deployment and administration, hybrid Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, Microsoft 365 Administration, Modern Device Management with Intune and Jamf, hybrid Microsoft Exchange administration, SAML Single Sign-On, and Multifactor Authentication.
- High proficiency with PowerShell scripting for administration.
- Experience managing, optimizing, and maintaining observability platforms and tools.
- Strong working knowledge of collaboration platforms (Slack) and web conferencing (Zoom).
- Familiarity with cloud-based services, SaaS solutions, AWS and enterprise-level backup solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and comfort with Local Area Network theories and concepts.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Jira.
- Experience of planning and delivering projects.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, develop user stories, and work through backlogs.
- Familiar with MS SQL and related storage and performance concepts.
- A successful track record of providing excellent customer service and communication to all levels of an organization.
- A working history of using strong, professional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the skill to articulate, and translate technical language to non-technical customers.
- Demonstrated ability to create highly technical documentation, reports, presentations, and system policies that are easy to understand and maintain.
- Working to ITIL best practices.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between £74,000.00 - £88,350.00. The full range is £74,000.00 - £112,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.