Sr. Manager, Global Events Development
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children\'s entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Global Events Development
Job Summary: The Senior Manager for Global Events Development will be responsible for creating objectives and strategies to grow and support large attendance Pokémon events scaling our events business like the World Championships from tens thousands of attendees to hundreds of thousands.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Develop convention strategy and build buy in across internal and external partners
- Design, build, and lead a team of project managers for cross functional project, program, and partnership management
- Partner closely with leaders in relevant areas such as Pokémon Center, Sales, Design, Media Production, Technology, Business Intelligence, Production, Legal, Marketing, Licensing, Events, Esports, Organized Play, and Business Development
- Be an intrapreneur developing pitches and business plans for new opportunities and activations supporting events
- Lead events business representation to Japanese parent company
- Develop and manage tentpole event programming dashboard and evaluate programming and partnership ROI; continually propose new programming to fill out a diverse product map
- Be responsible for the overall long term, holistic, planning and reporting of tentpole events ensuring cross-department teams are on track and accountable for business goals; triage and proactively propose alternative solutions to keep the larger mission on track
What you’ll bring
- Ten+ (10+) years of relevant professional experience, plus four (4) years of management experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Strategic negotiator able to structure new and complex deals with mutli-year goals
- Manage the multiple deadlines and priorities of stakeholders, acting as problem solver and facilitator
- Hands on with attention to details, and ability to multitask between different projects – action focused team player with ability to work with various groups across the organization – focused on success of the group rather than individual
- Self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while delivering on high quality results and follow through
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communicator, with an ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience (individual contributor to executive level)
- Ability to respond to problems and to assist others with a calm, courteous, and helpful manner and attitude
- Thorough understanding of legal regulations and permits required for events
- Understanding of Japanese business culture and ability to communicate in Japanese a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite of products or similar
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $139000.00 - 208000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for Topic to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Events Mgmt (M3)