Sr. Manager Software Development
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD Converged Networking and Storage Software team has an opening for a senior software manager to lead a team developing high-performance software for storage and networking in hyper-scale, virtualized datacenters.
The responsibilities include leading a team tasked with developing drivers & tools for validation of the HW/FW NICs and firmware regression test framework. This will involve designing and implementing kernel and user-level drivers to control firmware and hardware. We are looking for an exceptional blend of technical and managerial skills in an individual who is required to lead a growing team in a dynamic and stimulating software development environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the team technically as well to plan, prioritize, deliver and supporting the products. He/ she will be expected to coordinate with other stakeholders and senior management, as required.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with Python is an advantage.
- Experience in working with Linux drivers and QEMU
- Experience with software development in user space drivers – DPDK/ SPDK.
- Understanding of L2/ L3/ L4 networking concepts – bridging, OVS, NIC offloads
- Experience with industrial standard devices e.g. Ethernet, PCIe, RDMA, and Memory architectures DDR/SDRAM/DMA
- Hardware/software co-design and server system architecture understanding
- Hands-on experience in the development and testing environment
- Experience in high performance and low latency, multi-threaded, high throughput SRIOV-capable PCIe-subsystem drivers for storage and network acceleration.
- Project management and tracking
- Proven track record of delivering software projects that exceed customer quality expectations
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Experience in successfully executing projects which require interaction with international sites and culturally diverse teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- A self-starter and team player
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Engg.
- BE / ME or BTech / MTech in ECE or CS Engg. From tier one institutions
- 15+ of relevant exp. in the Industry
Requisition Number: 159324
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Delhi City: Delhi
Job Function: Design