Sr Media Licensing Manager
Summary of the Role:
Expand the reach of our animated content by partnering with premiere distribution channels while capitalizing on new, cutting-edge technologies.
The primary responsibilities of this role will include deal negotiations for the license of Pokémon animated content to designated strategic Media Partners in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Africa to support and grow the Pokémon’s exposure in market. This individual will build and manage day-to-day relationships, in a proactive fashion, with a full spectrum of Media Partners – broadcasters, VOD platforms, DVD, etc. Additional responsibilities will include real-time research and analysis regarding new media viewing platforms (such as VOD, OTT services) and to fulfil strategic initiatives determined by executives.
The role involves making recommendations and preparing strategic presentations for executive review and approval. The individual will liaise with the rest of the Media Licensing team, as well as the Trading Card Game Sales, Licensing, Media Production, Marketing, Legal, and Finance across the Bellevue and London offices to ensure deals are progressed to contracts in a timely manner, media partners’ needs are met on every level, and business activities are in line with overall corporate business objectives.
What You Will Do
- Set strategy and manage accounts across multiple territories in partnership with other Account Managers/Executives
- Negotiate and document favorable contractual terms with Media Partners; liaise with Legal to achieve prompt deal execution
- Collaborate with other internal functions such as Trading Card Game Sales, Media Production, Consumer Product Licensing, Marketing, Legal, and Finance across the Bellevue and London offices to meet all client needs
- Work closely with Marketing, Media Production, and Design to coordinate the proper presentation of Pokémon animated content to maximize viewership and revenue
- Constantly research and evaluate optimal partnership opportunities to support long-term corporate goals
- Prepare and present strategic plans and other reports for executive approval and subsequent rollout
- Research and perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of the Media Landscape/Media Technology Developments to offer strategic recommendations for increased brand exposure
- Work with Media Production to (a) ensure timely delivery of materials to media partners and (b) collaborate on development of marketing and other assets needed by media partners
- Contribute to the formation of the annual departmental budget and Annual Plan
- Collaborate with team members on operational tasks, including leading cross-functional meeting, regular reporting, etc.
What You Will Bring
- BA or BS or equivalent working experience. MBA preferred
- 5-7 years global business development experience, preferably in Entertainment or Licensing
- Self-directed, independent worker with ability to devise creative solutions to daily challenges
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to multitask and stay calm under pressure
- Impeccable English verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of the Entertainment sector, especially Digital Media
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis (as safety regulations allow)
How You Will Be Successful
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Collaborative: You develop, maintain, communicate, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization to achieve goals and positive results.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Impact and influence: You persuade, negotiate, and convince others to gain the support and commitment of others for an idea, agenda or direction.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Global Perspective: Understands globalization and the interconnective nature of the world. Appreciates and leverages the capabilities, insights and ideas of all individuals; knows how to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities and geographies.
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.