Sr Print Production Specialist
Summary of the role
The Sr. Print Production Specialist will work closely with the entire print creative team by supporting them with organization and trafficking of projects and communicating with vendors to ensure the accurate and timely results. They also will provide insight to the creative team on cost-effective and high-quality print solutions that align with overall goals of projects.
What You Will Do
- Strengthen existing vendor partnerships and build new ones to contribute to the business
- Collect, report and evaluate productivity to manager; raise and initiate any needed improvements.
- Negotiate, organize, schedule, and budget for a multitude of projects
- Stay on top of industry standards and trends and identify new technologies that can be used by Pokémon
- Analyze vendors and industry standard reporting, identify trends and gaps in order to enhance and maximize
- Manage routine to complex print production activities
- Create project schedules from concept to deliverables
- Traffic projects through production and approval processes
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and make decisions to solve customer inquiries and production challenges
- Multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Using industry print expertise, will independently advise and provide recommendations to customers on the resources and options available
- Establish and strengthen customer relationship and stakeholder partnerships to make valuable contributions to the business.
- Conduct/attend weekly meetings with internal customers and business partners to ensure alignment on priorities and quality of work.
We'll trust you to:
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and make decisions to fix any production issues
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
- Multi-task print requests according to planned deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Understand digital, offset, and wide format equipment capabilities
- Champion an environment of teamwork and collaboration globally.
- Develop and maintain solid client relationships
What You Will Bring
- 5-7 years of print production coordination; knowledge of offset and digital printing processes.
- A comprehensive understanding of print planning methodology and all phases of print production
- Great knowledge of artwork/computer file requirements as related to the print request
- Strong knowledge of packaging engineering from concepting in paper, plastics and other substrates to delivery of finish good
- Project management skills, including scheduling, milestone tracking verification, project status reporting
- Extensive vendor or customer management experience
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Relationship management skills to liaise with our teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of packaging engineering from concepting in paper, plastics and other substrates to finished goods is a plus, but not required
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have strong written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. This position will require occasional domestic and international travel (20%).
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.