Sr. Revenue Accounting Analyst
Job Title:Sr. Revenue Accounting Analyst
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Sr. Revenue Accounting Analyst is responsible for performing month-end revenue recognition tasks in accordance with US GAAP; ensuring compliance with company policies and SOX. The person will prepare journal entries, customer billings and may perform tasks in the Revenue Management system. The person will also help to develop and maintain accounting procedures, account reconciliations, perform analysis, and assist with audit requests.
The position requires working closely with Corporate Accounting, Financial Reporting, Management, Auditors, and other Business Partners in order to meet targets, provide support and analysis to aid the business. This person will be challenged to apply critical thinking and analytical skills along with disciplined project management experience to meet tight deadlines and evolving business needs.
This opportunity will appeal to someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is a hands-on strategic individual who relates well with all levels. The ability to multi-task and think creatively is a requirement for this position. You are able to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Licensing and Digital Revenues
- Work closely with various Distribution Licensing and Partners, as well as internal Digital Finance and Sales teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting of sales data; perform analysis to explain variances between estimates and actuals.
- Manage, review and document terms of digital distribution/licensing agreements and statements; assess proper revenue recognition treatment in accordance with US GAAP and company policy.
- Coordinate with AR staff to ensure timely/accurate billing and collection.
- Prepare and maintain account reconciliations and detailed schedules.
- Create custom analyses/reports as needed.
Period Close and Forecast Cycle Activities
- Prepare journal entries, allocations, and adjustments to ensure proper recording of revenue in support of the period end close activities.
- Complete general ledger reconciliations and follow-up on outstanding reconciling items.
- Compile presentation materials for internal management reporting.
- Analyze revenue results compared to estimates and historical trends. Work with various cross functional teams regarding proposed or current revenue transactions.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls over revenue transactions and reporting. Recommend changes to reports and processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Support the internal/external audit teams to ensure information is provided in a timely, efficient and accurate manner. Prepare audit schedules to ensure licensing and digital revenue related questions are effectively addressed.
- Participate in special projects; recommend and implement improved policies and procedures to ensure revenue and expenses are appropriately recorded.
- Assist with testing of upgrades and/or enhancements to global ERP system.
- Crosstrain on other revenue-related tasks including processing revenue deferrals, data gathering and analysis of retail channel sell-thru units, preparation of Non-GAAP to GAAP reconciliation schedules, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of professional accounting with experience in revenue recognition.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required.
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite or similar ERP is required.
- Experience with an automated Revenue Management system; OBIEE Answers and Hyperion Essbase is a plus.
- Possess strong analytical skills with ability to problem solve.
- Be highly organized and able to deal with sophisticated, high data environment.
- Ability to work proactively; independently and with a team in a fast-paced setting.
- Possess a strong work ethic and willing to work extra hours as needed (usually during quarter close) in order to meet target.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $72,720.00 - $134,460.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.