Sr. SerDes Validation & Characterization Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Join a team of Validation and Characterization engineers who enjoy validation, characterization, tuning and optimization of cutting edge SerDes. You’ll work on industry leading SerDes technology against various standards (PCIE, IEEE, OIF, xGMI, etc.).
Are you passionate about working on super high speed SerDes beyond 100G bits per second? Are you bothered by non-optimized SerDes’s performance at system level or handling different environment? Are you good at hunting down issues and nailing good solutions? If any yes, then you’ll fit right in!
- Validating and characterizing PMA (or PHY) blocks of high-speed transceivers
- Developing test methodologies and/or executing tests to ensure transceiver meets electrical compliance requirements for high-speed standards such as PCIe, Ethernet, etc.
- Working closely with the design & architecture team to debug and characterize silicon performance.
- Develop python script for test automation and data collection/processing.
- Hands-on experience with high-speed scope, BERTs, VNA and associated lab equipment for SERDES characterization
- Familiarity with Transmitter and Receiver underlying blocks. Understanding typical SerDes techniques and terms.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving & debugging skills.
- Experienced in Python and automation techniques
- A team player with strong written and verbal skills
- Experienced in SI/PI analysis is a plus
- Experienced in C++/Verilog/FPGA design is a plus
- Experienced with CPU/GPU testing is a plus
- Familiar with Linux platforms is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in EE, CS or related fields with 6+ years of work experience, or,
- Master’s Degree in EE, CS or related fields with 4+ years of work experience
Location: San Jose, CA
Requisition Number: 182841
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.