Sr. Silicon Design Engineer(165685)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Push Boundaries, Deliver Innovation and Change the World! In this role you will be given an opportunity to work on the next generation technology that will be part of future AMD Microprocessors powering Gaming Consoles, Servers and Personal Computers as well as Graphics Cards and VR sets. This team also is responsible for the Design and Verification of several critical as well as the integration to other subsystems and SoC. The Design and Design Verification groups within this team are also responsible for developing a balanced architecture between power consumption and performance, delivering high complexity RTL code and creating advanced testbenches using cutting edge verification techniques.
- Design and develop RTL code for USB blocks in Verilog HDL and make sure functional correct and reusable for different configuration based on architectural requirement.
- Conduct design reviews of designs in technical presentations to peers and management
- Oversees Synthesis and netlist delivery that meets timing, area and power bounding box. Assist physical design team on the floor-planning and timing closure.
- Work with Design Verification team to ensure quality for architecture definition and design implementation.
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/ Computer Science with 6+ years working experience in ASIC design industry.
- Knowledge in computer architecture and interconnects.
- Experience in high speed IO controller design (e.g. USB, PCIe, SATA, Thunderbolt). USB experience is plus.
- Experience in full ASIC design cycle: Understanding spec requirement, RTL, design verification, floor-planning, synthesis, timing closure, power intent, post-silicon validation
- Expert on Verilog RTL design and has experience of large digital ASIC project.
- Familiar with front-end EDA tools and flows.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and scripts (tcl, perl, ruby and etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills. Able to provide clear and logical presentations and documentation. Has an open mind and attitude. Transparent. Willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
- Works well with others in a team environment
- Work is performed with limited supervision. Strong sense of task scheduling and deliver on time as committed milestones.
Requisition Number: 165685
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Karnataka City: Bangalore
Job Function: Design