Sr. Silicon IC Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Join a team of silicon design engineers who utilize their skills in logical and physical circuit optimization to innovate and implement programmable logic interfaces. Our team owns the design and implementation from RTL to final layout database delivery, as well as supports silicon validation and characterization. You’ll be a senior member of a small and focused design team with a wide scope of responsibilities and technical opportunities using the latest in circuit design tools and methodologies. Your skills will be deployed in simulation, characterization, and model development for circuit performance and power at cell, critical path, and block-level designs.
We are looking for a self-motivated team worker, who possesses good verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate strives to tackle challenges in creative ways with solutions that can be applied in a wide range of applications. If you have a drive for high-quality, high-accountability design work, then you will be a great fit for our team!
- RTL implementation of digital circuit microarchitecture
- Schematic capture
- Logical equivalency checks
- Test bench development
- Place and route constraint definition
- Physical design closure in APR tools
- Critical-path simulations for timing correlation with STA
- Electrical rule checks commensurate with each stage of the design
- Generating and characterizing models of circuit timing and power
- Knowledge in VLSI design, design automation, IC design, and RTL design
- Knowledge of floor planning, synthesis, place & route, static timing analysis, and EM/IR analysis
- Knowledge of Cadence SPICE, Synopsys Primetime, and IC compiler preferred
- MS (preferred) or BS with additional experience in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related equivalent
San Jose, CA
Requisition Number: 180361
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.