Sr. Software Development Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Job Description :
Xilinx is looking for a talented individual to join the Machine Learning team of Data Center Solutions group in the position of SW Engineer. This is an opportunity to develop optimized ML library for Xilinx’s 7nm Versal devices targeting AI Engine cores. You will be working with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and architecting the realization of these algorithms on AI Engine cores. Hands-on experience with multicore processor programming and C/C++ code optimization for VLIW DSP processors is an essential requirement for this position. A strong knowledge of converting floating-point algorithms to fixed-point arithmetic is also critical. Hands-on experience with FPGA design flows, FPGA architecture, system design, system integration, DDR memory interfaces and realizing high-performance FPGA-optimized designs and verification methodologies are also critical for the position.
- Responsible for design, optimization and testing of ML compute processing like 2D/3D convolutions, batch normalization, pooling etc and fixed precision implementation and test with Python, embedded C/C++
- Optimized ML library development and testing for VLIW-SIMD processors in fixed point int4, int8, int16, floating point
- Work closely with algorithm and design teams in US, Europe and India offices
- Candidate will participate in different phases of a project, including architecture, system design, coding, unit testing, integration and maintenance and customer support
- Create internal and external facing detailed documentation (micro-architecture design documents, test specifications, test reports, user guides, etc.)
Qualifications - External
Technical Skill Requirements
- PhD or MSEE preferred
- 7+ years of experience working on optimized library development for GPU and/or SIMD and VLIW processor architectures
- Experience in partitioning problems for execution on a multicore processor system with latency, bandwidth and memory utilization tradeoffs
- Proficient in C/C++, Python and various ML frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch etc
- Must have strong competency in understanding and analyzing complex signal processing and computer vision algorithms
- Ability to work with fixed point hardware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience creating internal and/or customer facing detailed documentation
Requisition Number: 153919
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Telangana City: Hyderabad
Job Function: Design