Sr. Software Development Engineer, AZoth Engine Team
Jan 13, 2023
Irvine, United States
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 3+ years experience writing code in C++.
You will be joining a group of talented and passionate technologists who are developing and improving our game engine to meet the ever-growing needs of our player customers, our game developers, and new game ideas. We are looking for natural problem solvers with a passion for gaming, who enjoy working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects in a timely manner, and is a constant advocate for foundational quality of our tools and technology.
Key job responsibilities
- You will work with other engineers and content creators to develop and extend new engine tools and technology to power games.
- You will own and architect multi-platform engine level systems which scale for large data sets.
- You will empower content creators through rapid iteration and creation of tools used in the creation and iteration of large, persistent worlds.
- You will assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- You will help mentor and develop more junior engineers through collaboration, code reviews, and leading by example.
About the team
The "AZoth Engine Team" has a primary development hubs in Irvine, CA; we also have satellite studios in San Diego, CA and Seattle, WA. Come join our teams at one of these locations!
At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. Come work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles including Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Evolve, Gears of War, Killer Instinct, God of War.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or proprietary 3D game engine, or industry-equivalent technology (3D animation, simulation, etc)
- Experience with game engine level systems (rendering, audio, streaming, physics, etc)
- Experience with tools and systems development for character motion, animation blending, and character/AI state-machine authoring by content creators for 3D videogames
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong optimization and low level programming expertise
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.