Sr. Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform
The Production Infrastructure organization provides the essential infrastructure and services that power many of EA's biggest games. Our charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere, and to enable developers to experiment and build new games quickly via rapid development in the cloud. We do this with our infrastructure and application management platform, built on Kubernetes. In all of this, we focus on being there for players where and when they want to play.
As a Software Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to work collaboratively with a team of engineers to plan and execute on the software design and architecture of our new systems. Most of your time will be spent developing features and optimizing performance, robustness, and scalability of the production infrastructure platform. You will also spend time developing low toil automation tools and workflows in service of maintaining a large fleet of Kubernetes clusters.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Engineering.
- You will maintain and contribute to a large-scale managed cloud service for EA games.
- You will evolve project statements into preliminary engineering designs.
- You will expand designs into engineering execution plans and engineering tasks.
- You will write code and meet peer-reviewed code standards.
- You will resolve defects during QA testing, load testing, and from the live environment
- You will engage with clients who use the services and features you create to complete user facing features.
- You will work with and contribute to the open-source software Kubernetes community.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of commercial development experience.
- Proficiency with an OO language.
- 6+ years of experience with a public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- 6+ years of experience building, deploying and operating high traffic services.
- 6+ years of experience with Kubernetes and containerized applications.
- Experience developing multi-threaded architecture in web and data technologies.
- Database experience with relational or NoSQL solutions.