Sr. Systems Design Engineer - 163061
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The System Software, Integration & Validation group plays a key role in the development of test systems and hardware for test & characterization of Xilinx’s advanced device families.
Our most recent project Versal ACAP, a fully software-programmable, heterogeneous compute platform that combines Scalar Engines, Adaptable Engines, and Intelligent Engines to achieve dramatic performance improvements with dual core ARM processing system and Programmable logic is known for Industry’s first Heterogeneous architecture.
We are looking for a Systems Design Engineer with a strong background in software to join the System-level Test team in San Jose. You will be a part of global validation team who worked on Xilinx’s successful Zynq, Zynq MPSoC and Versal products. You will be working on the future versions of Scalar Engines such as ARM processing systems, Intelligent Engines such as Artificial Intelligence(AI) Engine system level validation in Xilinx Versal and its future line of products. You will be involved in the silicon life cycle from testing of emulated next-generation RTL through to silicon verification and characterization. You will have a view of the full system but also will become an expert in certain IP down to the register-level. We are looking for someone who can span the range of able to develop device drivers in software to debug on hardware.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enhance existing test software for system-level validation of existing and new SoC device families and FPGA features.
- Work with multiple teams to drive system-level bugs to resolution.
- Design, develop, implement, test, and verify systems based on Xilinx FPGAs with embedded Micro Blaze or ARM processors.
- You will be working on Versal ACAP and its future line of products.
- Provide feedback on architecture, use cases, IP design, tools, and documentation.
- Determine design approaches and parameters to build complete systems for emulation, verification, validation, and benchmarking of new silicon features at a system level.
- Help to develop novel methods for system-level modeling and verification.
BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering and 2-7 years of relevant industry experience.
- Excellent debugging skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in C, Verilog and Python programming
- Experience with firmware or device driver programming.
- Experience understanding system use cases, determining requirements, and writing test specifications
- Experience with modules (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, SD, SATA, PCIe etc.) validation
- Experience working in a Linux environment, Python, and TCL scripting
- Experience with embedded systems and Micro Blaze or ARM architecture and assembly language
- A solid understanding of Verification / Validation Methodologies
- Emulation platform experience is a plus
- FPGA platform experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
Requisition Number: 163061
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.