Sr. Technical Artist, Digital Avatars
Unity's Ziva Dynamics team is searching for a Senior Technical Artist, reporting to our Sr. Manager, Digital Avatar Development!
We are looking for a candidate to help build the world's most realistic characters for AAA games and films.
Do you have a broad skill set in areas of character creation building bodies, faces and costumes for film VFX and/or Feature Animation? Are you adaptable and willing to embrace the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment that fosters creative problem solving and experimentation? Do you have proven experience and a portfolio of work that demonstrates superior results?
If this describes you, then we want you to join our team!
What you’ll be doing
- Building real-time characters which includes rigging, simulation, scripting and pipelining.
- Solving complex technical problems with creative and technical solutions in emerging areas of 3D/4D scanning, simulation and machine learning technologies
- Documenting requirements and technical processes related to our work
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in film VFX and/or feature animation
- An ability to work independently and in a team environment, where you contribute back as much as you will learn in an environment that fosters creative problem solving and experimentation.
- Deep understanding of Maya and comfortable learning and contributing to the development of proprietary tools and pipelines
- Experience with at least one scripting language (python preferred)
- A desire to achieve excellence
You might also have
- Experience using Unity or real-time engines in areas related to rendering and graphics
- A curiosity about and willingness to learn new emerging technologies to help solve sophisticated technical and creative problems
- Experience using Houdini
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.