Sr. Technical Program Manager (147742)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Technical Program Manager / Core Team Leader- 147742
In this high-profile role, you will be the overall program leader, from concept to product delivery, for one of AMD Client Compute Group’s industry leading Ryzen family of products. You will be driving the definition, execution and productization of our world class, industry leading Desktop, Notebook and workstation platforms. As the program core team Leader, you will work across all Engineering and Business functions to meet both technical and financial program performance objectives.
Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in new product development from a system definition, chip design, platform, product and/or program management disciplines. The candidate should have experience both as a technical lead as well as a program manager. The candidate must also have a strong understanding of the general silicon engineering process (preferably CPU or APU), from concept to tape-out to production. Furthermore, the candidate should have experience with driving a multi-site and multi-disciplined engineering program.
- Drives Requirements, Definition, Design, technology, supply chain, platform, product, software, ecosystem, quality and business functions
- Responsible to Client Engineering and Business leadership and reports out regularly to executives on status, decisions, and solutions to issues during execution
- Delivers on all program commitments, in alignment with the customer and Business Division objectives
OWNERSHIP OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Delivering on all program commitments from concept exit to product launch and reception
- Program-level definition in concert with Business Teams
- Responsible for vetting or rejecting new business requests and sanctions scoping proposed or agreed upon changes by the core team
- Owns driving core team to consensus on technical decisions that impact bounding box
- Hitting cost, schedule, committed features, power, performance
- Delivering overall messaging of status and issues to key internal and external stakeholders
- Direct Customer and Partner relationship management on some programs
- Tailors the roles of each core team member according to the needs of the program including defining cross functional ownership, and managing effective performance of the core team, and managing the membership to achieve program objectives
- The candidate should be a proven leader, be able to create and maintain a working cross functional team and be skilled managing in a matrixed environment. A successful candidate must have exceptional communications skills. In addition, the role requires outstanding people management skills to lead, motivate, and guide world class engineers
- Ability to scope a program from concept to production
- Solid understanding of financial and managerial accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to structure and execute complex analysis, draw insights, and communicate summary findings with recommendations to senior management and AMD customers
- Ability to network, build relationships, and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
- Ability to assess and scope Commercial features and system components and relate them to overall program schedule (Not Mandatory)
- Gaming and software experience relative to Gaming Platforms (Not Mandatory)
- BS or Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
Requisition Number: 147742
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.