Sr. UX Design Strategist
Senior Service Designer
What does being a Sr. UX Design Strategist mean at EA World Wide Customer Experience?
Do you geek out over understanding how things work? Do you consider yourself to be a highly collaborative & strategic thinker? Do you love a good challenge and opportunity to connect the dots in a meaningful way? If you answered yes, you might be up for the challenge of joining the EA customer experience design team to develop EA fan service designs.
At EA, our Service Design team helps establish the standards for our support journeys through service design methodologies and provides a human-centered focus for all of our experience solutions. We help our organization see the big picture as end-users see it and offer tools to infuse design in all of our interactions.
The Process and Experience Design team are looking for a systematic big thinker with Service Design talent, who is passionate about making the complex simple. The Service Designer will report to the Director of Experience Design. We lead a fan-centered approach to design with the goal to measurably improving experiences by reducing friction for our fans and employees. The team develops and leads the Service Design practice within our strategic framework, partnering with other teams to put humans at the center of our experiences.
- Lead co-creation workshops with partners to build service blueprints that allow the business to develop a supporting strategy to accomplish future experiences and mature how we work.
- Identify opportunities to improve experiences across different touch-points and explain the dependencies and complexities across these touch-points
- Create Service Design project plans, lead teams in the collaborative development of solutions using design thinking methodologies
- Perform user research in partnership with our Data Insights and UX teams
- Produce Service Design Blueprints, Journey maps, and Concept Designs, Service Experience prototypes, Empathy Maps, and Value Proposition Proposals, for the creation and evolution of services
- Gain an understanding of important challenges, and opportunities for our partners
- Manage a range of projects, defining project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with partners
- Work with partners to ensure Product / Policy / Process / System solutions take account of global variances and our business needs
- Develop full understanding of the problem and goals for all users (depending on type of work - internal or player facing) and communicate how to allow the business to achieve designed solution
- Analyze and breakout work into executable parts (understanding resource dependencies, jobs to be done and what/how to achieve the blueprint cross-company)
- Use change management best practices to engage partners throughout the project lifecycle ensuring change is adopted and performed
- Degree in Human-Computer Interactions, Design, Psychology, Organizational Design or related disciplines
- Expertise in Design Thinking/Service Design/Process Design
- 10+ years in working Service Design, Organizational Design or relevant equivalent
- Academic and applied knowledge in one of the following areas: Research, Visual Design, Prototyping, Business Design
- Experience with conceptualization, ideation, and iterative prototyping and experience employing multiple methods to prototype service concepts such as staging and role-playing approaches
- Knowledge of Customer Experience Design and its centrality to the future success of large organizations
- Project and people management skills. Experience functioning as a project leader and an individual contributor
- Experience organizing data into clear service design blueprints and communicating ideas and designs to diverse groups of partners
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe, Miro, Sketch, InVision, or other similar tools used widely to visualize ideas
- Team player who has experience working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- Socialize and lead change with service design methodologies by creating and promoting relationships and consulting on the practice with partners across EA
- Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $131,600 - $213,300
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $131,600 - $213,300
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $154,800 - $213,300
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $131,600 - $179,600
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $131,600 - $195,200
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity."