Sr. VFX Artist
Are you interested in creating world class, groundbreaking, interactive experiences on a large scale? We are looking for an experienced Senior VFX Compositing Artist to work on a brand-new application Unity is developing. We are seeking a leader in their field who is passionate about motion pictures, television and VR content!
More specifically, you will be shaping and supporting the development of the next generation VFX workflow alongside hardworking colleagues at the top of their game!
Long term, you will continually look for the most efficient ways to drive VFX innovation and incredible visual experience while also maintaining the artistic style and vision of the creative leads.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Art Directors, Production, and Design team to create real-time VFX.
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on difficult shots.
- Create stunning real-time visual effects using a high-quality particle effects, textures, and shaders.
- Help enhance Unity's VFX tools, technologies and workflows.
- Work with team members to share knowledge and solve cross-discipline problems.
- Develop strategies to troubleshoot VFX issues affecting rendering performance to maintain target FPS.
What we’re looking for
- Motion picture post production VFX experience.
- Proficient in any DCC tool (preference for Nuke), Photoshop, Unity and dynamic simulations.
- Comfortable creating lighting setups in Unity, and working with AOV's for VFX use.
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and colour
- Strong proficiency in technical problem solving and experience with scripting languages.
You might also have
- Passion for linear content production.
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
- Unity expertise and experience in character workflows.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.