Staff Backend Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Job Title:Staff Backend Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are seeking a Staff Backend Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering groundbreaking mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within the Kingdom
If you want to build amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you.
You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to do things differently to drive the entire industry forward.
We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available and highly reliable Ads & Monetization platform that handles billions of requests per day
- Work with architects and other engineers to craft and architect backend systems
- Collaborate with Product and peer engineering teams on cross functional projects
- Work with DevOps engineers to ensure operational excellence
- Genuine curiosity about working with and mentoring junior engineers
- 5 years of demonstrated ability leading the development of highly performing web services in Java
- Experience with AdTech platform preferred like AdServing, Demand Side Platform, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL systems e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment with Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Expert knowledge in Java, JMeter and performance engineering
- Experience with streaming technologies e.g. Kafka, Kinesis and Flink
- Experience in designing overall architecture of frontend and backend solutions so that they work cohesively together
- Great interpersonal skills and a consistent record to work in a collaborative team environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge and experience in CI/CD, test automation, Jenkins, Gradle and related technologies
- Experience with open source technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Google BigQuery
- Passionate about usability, maintainability and quality, building for the long term
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $111,780.00 - $206,882.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.