Staff Data Analyst - Activision Blizzard Media
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Staff Data Analyst
We are hiring for two Staff Data Analyst roles and are open for these to be based in either of our sweet locations in:
- New York, NY, USA
- London, England
Activision Blizzard Media and King (a part of Activision-Blizzard) are building a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players, and to create powerful marketing solutions embraced by the world's biggest marketers! Activision Blizzard Media is seeking a passionate Staff Data Analyst who is interested in pushing the boundaries of mobile games analytics and advertising product performance!
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and practical business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Use statistical tools to interpret large data sets and effectively communicate patterns, trends, findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Setup and validate AB test results
- Collaborate with Product managers, Data Scientists, Engineers and Commercial leaders to deliver business impact
- Create simple documentation to explain the process and the findings
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Keep abreast of industry trends and innovative developments
- Demonstrable experience in Advertising or Gaming or e-commerce or high volume systems
- BS or Masters’ degree in mathematics/statistics/ analytical field
- Experience working with data using complex SQL; adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau
- Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills,
- Experience with at least one analytical programming language such as R or Python is a plus
- Demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Dedicated advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: data modelling, data visualization, statistics, experimental design, predictive modelling
- Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Domain knowledge in advertising.
- Domain knowledge in gaming.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $111,780.00 - $206,882.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com