Staff DevOps Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Craft:Technology & Development
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
The Senior DevOps Engineer will provide technical prowess and work to improve engineering efficiency by automating releases and deployments, building pipelines, infrastructure, automating workflows, and continually measuring application performance. The Engineer will be responsible for implementing tools to eliminate manual operations and develop automated, repeatable processes. The Engineer must be able to effectively collaborate with engineering stakeholders and serve as a liaison between engineering teams.
- Proficient in the building and configuration of Terraform modules.
- Strong understanding of observability and monitoring philosophies along with tooling knowledge of Datadog, PagerDuty, Graylog,
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and the tools used to provide this (Jenkins, ArgoCD, Drone, GitHub Actions, etc).
- Proficiency in Groovy and Gradle.
- Proficient in containerization (Docker) technology, Kubernetes, and other orchestration technology.
- Strong understanding of networking and networking topologies.
- Experience with Cloud Providers, primarily GCP.
- Understanding and experience building Helm charts or Kustomize modules.
- Building and maintaining terraform modules for consumption by the engineering teams.
- Building and maintaining continuous integration pipelines to provide a feedback loop to the engineering teams.
- Building and maintaining helm charts or kustomize modules for the applications and services.
- Providing DevOps best practices to the engineering teams and dogfooding these practices to the DevOps team.
- Operate an on-call schedule to be available in case issues arise from the devops perspective.
- Support engineering teams regarding cloud best practices and tooling.
- Continually self-educate on the latest updates to Cloud Services, Infrastructure, Security, and best practices with regards to Software Engineering.
- Build and sustain observability dashboards, metrics, and alerting.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $111,780.00 - $206,882.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.