Staff Financial Analyst (148201)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Staff Financial Analyst
This person should be an upbeat self-starter that will work with both individuals or teams that can collaborate with all levels of an organization, including financial and non-financial individuals. Someone who can synthesize large amounts of data into actionable insights to our executive team.
We are searching for an experienced finance analyst to join our team and help support the Global Operations Finance team. This is a role that will engage directly with Global Operations business unit as well as the Segment Business Units to help forecast current and long-range cost of our product portfolio.
- Maintain financial models used to support driving quarterly, annual, and long-range planning for Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold
- Support intra-quarter forecast/outlook process
- Help drive executive presentations for all financial-related inputs
- Support Standards costing
- Provide support for monthly reports for executive management
- Efficiently deliver Ad Hoc analysis, reporting, and projects on request
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point with strong financial modeling skill is required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required to work on a wide range of initiatives
- Good understanding of Financial concepts and general understanding of US GAAP accounting principles.
- Excellent understanding of financial planning & reporting systems. SAP experience is preferable. SQL, Data mining, and database management skills would be helpful.
- Prior experience in supporting global manufacturing processes is a plus.
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
Requisition Number: 148201
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Finance
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.