Staff Security Automation Engineer
Welcome to the Global Enterprise Security Team! As a core member of our security team, you will support our security automation initiatives and build automations that will contribute to reducing our overall security risk footprint. In order to help the Security team scale, we will need your help with building capabilities and integrations to improve our ability to proactively handle security-related initiatives, while collaborating cross-functionally across much of Discord.
What You’ll Do
- Develop workflows using multiple APIs to tackle vulnerability management, threat detection, endpoint platforms, and security compliance systems
- Develop and implement security-related integrations for infrastructure deployments as Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) tools
- Improve security team efficiency through process automation
- Collect and report metrics on automation effectiveness
- Collaborate with peers to integrate security into CI/CD pipelines, automated builds, terraform scripts, and more
What You Should Have
- Strong coding skills in Python or equivalent language
- Experience with GCP cloud environment, using its APIs
- At least 4 years or more of relevant software engineering experience
- Understanding of Rest APIs and ability to utilize them in your code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience working on remote teams
- Working knowledge of containers and Kubernetes environments
- Experience in cloud-native, SaaS technology industries
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $201,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $160,800/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!