Staff Security Engineer - Information Security - Deception Technology
We are seeking a Staff Security Engineer focused on building out our deception technology tooling and implementations. This role reports to Director of Security Engineering and would be responsible for helping define and then implement our deception technology strategy. The goal of this engineer is to build and implement solutions that create an environment hostile to attackers that will enable Riot to detect malicious activity more quickly with high quality signals that are manageable at scale.
The perfect candidate will have the desire to not only build out initial tooling and solutions but to develop long term strategy and a team if the initial investments provide value. They would have a deep technical background across a wide range of technologies including AWS, Windows and MacOS, and containerized applications. They would understand attackers tactics, techniques, and procedures in order to implement an effective deception strategy.
- Design and implement deception technology use-cases as part of a larger deception strategy.
- Collaborate with other security and engineering teams to ensure successful deployment and adoption of deception technologies.
- Create high quality software that will be trusted to run across Riot’s global infrastructure.
- Continually stay up to date on new attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Assist in responding to security incidents
- 7+ years of experience in Information Security Engineering roles
- In depth knowledge of network reconnaissance, lateral movement, and privilege escalation tactics
- Significant development experience with Python or Go
- Experience with AWS cloud solutions, Windows and MacOS, and containerized applications
- Deep knowledge of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Experience in deploying software solutions at global scale
- CEH/OSCP or similar certifications
- Experience building security programs or processes
- Knowledge of software build processes and associated technologies such as Github, Perforce, and Jenkins
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.