Staff Security TPM
Welcome to the Global Enterprise Security Team! As a core member of our security team, you will support our security program initiatives and build processes that will contribute to reducing our overall security risk footprint. In order to help the Security team scale, we will need your help with building capabilities and processes to improve our ability to proactively handle security-related initiatives, while collaborating cross-functionally across much of Discord.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure program objectives are aligned with Security strategy and implement mechanisms to measure success of program outcomes
- Plan and coordinate reactive and proactive security reviews, ensure identified security vulnerabilities are mitigated
- Measure and report on the status of relevant security metrics and KPIs across cross-matrixed security-related teams
- Ensuring security incident management processes are completed, and measuring improvement over time of security incident management program
- Define and drive execution of multiple tracks of work to achieve program goals, manage dependencies and risks, and regularly communicating status to stakeholders
What You Should Have
- 8+ years of program management experience with minimum of 5 years where your primary responsibilities directly involved information security TPM work
- 3+ years hand on experience in software engineering, with ability to follow, verify and correct technical specification
- Ability to carry out the process of planning, organizing, and managing tasks and deliverables, drive execution, and ensure completion
- Ability to concisely frame problems, design simple solutions, and make decisions based on data and metrics
- Ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of detailed information from various sources
- Ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using quality metrics and data
- Ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to security program planning and strategies
- Ability to process and attend to multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience working on remote teams
- Experience in cloud-native, SaaS technology industries
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $162,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $129,600/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!