Staff Software Engineer, Full-Stack - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Research & Development, you will work in concert with producers, designers, artists, and other engineers to create inspiring Around Game experiences that surprise and delight our players. You will rely on your keen eye for quality to ensure every player interaction delivers on the game fantasy and feels great, too. You will partner with the Services Tech Lead to ensure we have a solid technical foundation for a smooth launch at scale. The ideal candidate will be conversant with UI and backend services alike. This role reports to the Manager of Software Engineering for the initiative.
- Design, build, and deliver player-facing experiences for a genre-defining game we will deliver globally to millions of people
- Own building features in Unreal Engine all the way down to the backend service implementation
- Build and support live services for the game
- Utilize internal and external cloud technologies and services
- Mentor more junior engineers on the team
- Collaborate effectively with art, design, and other disciplines within game development
- 6+ years of experience building interactive UIs and the client and backend systems that support them
- Experience developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong ability to collaborate with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Experience working on a global scale online game
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience shipping Golang, C#, C++ code in production environments
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.