Staff Software Engineer (Gameplay) - League Studios
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer III, you’ll work with both new and existing technologies, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer III, you will work on a multi-disciplinary team with artists, designers and product managers to create and support the many facets of play. Also you will help develop technologies encompassing the entire league technology stack, touching metagame systems and beyond. You will report into the Team Engineering Manager who will support you by providing connection, alignment, and mentoring to achieve player, Riot, and personal growth goals.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to shape player experiences
- Collaborates with team technical leadership on design, and works independently on implementation
- Design and build gameplay features in the League of Legends game engine using C++, content tools and game scripting
- Design and build game content tooling to support cross-disciplinary teams
- Provide meaningful code reviews for other members of the team
- 3-5 yrs collective professional experience using C++
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field or equivalent experience
- Experience with game development
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes (i.e. - Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with building game content tools and pipelines
- Familiarity with Python, Java
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).