Staff Software Engineer (Sustainability) - League, Game Engine
Riot software engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, but we also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains.
As a Staff Software Engineer on League Game Engine Team, you’ll report to the team’s Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles. You will build new capabilities into League game engine and make it more performant. You will expand the features of the engine to support new game experiences and games.
- Write and review reliable, maintainable code, and author architectural design documents
- Optimize the performance and develop low-level engine features
- Keep the engine compatible with target platforms
- Work with feature teams to help them create the best possible experiences for players
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of game or engine development experience.
- Proficiency coding in C++
- Experience optimizing the performance of code
- Experience with various game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience working on multiple game development pipelines (animation, VFX, environment)
- Experience with Vulkan, Metal, and DirectX rendering APIs
- Experience building game UI
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).