Staff Technical Designer
The technology group at Unity works to understand how technology can be applied to enable millions of Creators that exist worldwide. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to research and develop future models for content authoring, associated workflows, technologies and the data that connects them for gaming, film & television, architecture, automotive and product design, using applied technologies such as machine learning and AI.
The right candidate thrives at the intersection of technology, users-first product and design philosophies, and critical thinking. They will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about product development and design, comfortable in a fast-paced organization, highly collaborative, and passionate about empowering creativity through technology.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with senior leadership to identify, qualify and prioritize areas of focus
- Work with other Product Designers, Product Managers, technologists and other team members to understand and define product solution needs
- Design, complete and deliver concepts that successfully translate strategic plans for content authoring solutions in a precise way
- Produce high quality presentations to communicate solutions to internal and external collaborators
- Aid in developing, codifying, sanitizing, and managing a global product knowledgebase
What we’re looking for
- Degree in Design or related field
- Extensive portfolio of design examples, showing project development from concept to completion
- Exceptional creative thought and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to brainstorm with technical subject matter experts to reason through complex problems and arrive at elegant solutions
- Experience communicating with cross-functional stakeholders including executive, product management, design / research, and engineering
You might also have
- Experience in game development, film or television production background
- Graphic design experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.