Staff Technical Program Manager - Security
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
Technical Program Managers operate within the Engineering organization and have technical knowledge that enables them to manage company-wide programs, guide cross-team projects, and accelerate the execution of a team's roadmap. This is a Staff TPM role, reporting to the Director of TPM, responsible for developing and driving Security programs. If you are a productive, first-principles thinker, who develops strong relationships between partners we'd encourage you to apply!
What you'll be do
- Leverage your strong customer-centric mindset to build and run our vulnerability management program
- Develop a holistic and enduring ownership model for our code, products, and programs
- Streamline our Security Incident Management processes
- Partner with Security leadership to identify, develop, and run programs that improve the security of our users and company
- Manage multiple complex projects, often with competing timelines and resource needs
What you are
- Experienced with Security programs (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Application Security Reviews, Security Incident Response, etc.) at a similarly-sized company
- Worked with Engineering, Product, and Security leadership to align on and implement Security programs
- 8+ years of Technical Product/Program Management experience, Security Engineering, or Security TPM work
- Knowledge and deep experience in technical program management methodologies
- Experience moving technical or engineering programs from concept to completion and promoting the impact using metrics, growth examples, value etc
- Can break down complex challenges into workable components and make continuous progress towards solving a problem vs. trying to boil the ocean
- A love for helping & empowering others
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience
- Strong customer-empathy that ensures your preferred solutions take into account both Security and company needs
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $201,000 to $219,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#buildbelonging #LI-Hybrid #LI-WK1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!