Staff/Senior Emulation & Prototyping Engineer - 164204
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
TITLE: Staff/Senior Staff Emulation & Prototyping Engineer
THE ROLE: This is an exciting opportunity to work on Design Verification in multiple industrial (PCIe/Virtualization) and AMD proprietary IP blocks environment.
- Will be able to work with cross functional teams
- Will be versatile and able to master new tools or environments quickly
- Architect and design scalable emulation test benches, build flows and tools to streamline project execution
- Contribute into continuously improving the emulation methodology
- Experience implementing synthesizable models using SystemVerilog.
- Define emulation test plan and manage its execution (Functional and Performance tests)
- Drive debug with designers and verifiers
- Assist and enable emulation team to execute the test plans
- Collaborate with IP design and verification teams on test planning and task execution
- Work on various emulation methodologies such as: Transactors, SimAcceleration, Hybrid VMs
- Write portable tests and stimulus generation for vertical and horizontal re-use
- Execute verification of the latest features and protocols
- Integrate, bring-up and debug standard interfaces like UART, JTAG, I2C, USB
- Integrate and bring-up 3rd party accelerate verification IPs
REQUIRED SKILL SETS & EXPERIENCE:
- PhD, BSc or MSc in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- 7+ years of experience in system and subsystem level designs
- Experience with FPGA flows, synthesis and PnR
- Experience in RTL design, verification
- Excellent programing skills in C/C++, SystemVerilog and OOP concepts
- Experience working with Verilog/SystemVerilog based designs
- Experience with UVM based testbenches
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Debugging experience with waveform analyzers such as: Verdi, Virtuoso, Visualizer
- Understanding of scripting/preprocessing with: Perl, Ruby, Makefile
- Experience working in emulation and prototyping
- Great communication skills, team player, working with multi-disciplinary team environment
- Understand AMBA, PCIe and CXL standards.
- Experience with post-silicon validation
- Experience with embedded FW development
Education: PhD, MSc or BSc in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Requisition Number: 164204
Country/Region/Location:Ireland City:Dublin/Cork - Hybrid Model
Job Function: Staff/Senior Staff Emulation & Prototyping Engineer
Hiring Manager: Riad Ben Mouhoub