Your life at Ubi
At Ubisoft, we are writing the future of entertainment. As a major player in the video game industry worldwide, we are also investing in new areas and new territories to stay ahead of the curve and address an ever-growing and varied audience. Our IT teams are central to these developments. Whether for our players or for our employees, they are the guarantors of services and infrastructures that are equal to the greatest technological challenges.
The goal and the daily challenge of the team is to participate to the standardization, the automation and industrialization of the whole service. For that, the current team will use this technical stack: PowerShell/Python, Gitlab (CI/CD), Ansible etc.
Your main mission
- Proactively maintain storage systems for optimal performance, ensuring scalability and stability;
- Be proactive in improving the tools and processes in place, including automating as much as possible;
- Maintain documentation of configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures;
- In conjunction with the architects, participate in the definition, implementation and improvement of our standards, guidelines and technologies;
- Respond to user requests and service requests and resolve complex technical issues (level 2 and 3) by being available on a rotating schedule for emergency situations;
- Support the deployment of new technical solutions.
The professional value you bring:
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux system administration in a distributed and large environment;
- Good knowledge of storage;
- Good knowledge of a scripting language (Powershell, Python) and automation;
- Ability to design techniques and methodologies to solve complex problems;
- Very good English level (both written and verbal);
- Nice to have: experience in any of the following solutions: Netbackup, Ceph, Isilon.
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.