Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
As Submissions Engineer you will work with key stakeholders across SEGA Europe’s internal departments and development studios to support the full lifecycle submissions process. You will be responsible for providing support and guidance on a range of submission requirements and planning, primarily focusing on the submission of master code as well as a variety of additional product content to first parties and subsequently, consumers. This is a newly created role within our submissions team, who are part of our wider Studio Operations department spanning Development, Technical Services, Production, Localisation, and Customer Support.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You are a self-starter with some experience working in a submissions role within the gaming industry. You have excellent relationship-building skills and will be comfortable working with a diverse range of stakeholders, to foster excellent working relationships with internal teams, development studios, and first parties.
- Align with each studio and various departments in the familiarisation process for current and future console platforms to provide effective support across the business.
- Support and manage the implementation of SEGA Europe’s submission processes to 1st party publishers (Microsoft, Nintendo, and SONY) ensuring alignment across developer studios as well as internal departments.
- Support tracking assignment of hardware and devices at SEGA Europe’s head office as well as SEGA’s European-based Developer Studios.
- Invest in the partnership between SEGA and 1st parties (Microsoft, Nintendo, and SONY) to build a strong working relationship.
- Provide user access rights management and active support with all production support systems alongside the SOE Submissions Team.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience with 1st party requirements and submission processes.
- Demonstrateable pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally.
- Experience working with internal and external partners.
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule, and prioritise workload.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).