System and Online Operation Specialist (DevOps)
As a System and Online Operation Specialist at Ubisoft Montréal, you’ll ensure the proper functioning of servers, tools, and processes, while embracing the DevOps philosophy.
In a cutting-edge tech environment with a range of open source technologies like MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch/Kibana, Kubernetes, Prometheus, you’ll join a group of online programmers writing and managing microservices written in Python on Windows and in Node.JS on Linux using a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all of our Ubisoft games.
What you’ll do
- Design, set up, deploy, monitor, and maintain hybrid environments for teams responsible for online microservices in the cloud and our datacentre.
- Participate in the deployment of available, scalable, fault-tolerant microservices.
- Collaborate with game development teams to improve current processes and tools + define new ones.
- Evaluate and integrate technologies & review and adapt our best practices.
- Be a go-to person and expert in all topics DevOps (e.g. automation, infrastructure definition, provisioning, configuration management, deployment, monitoring, continuous integration and delivery, etc.).
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and emerging trends.
What you bring
- Experience in systems administration or related experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages & internet technologies and concepts (e.g. DNS, routing protocols, firewalls, proxies, TCP/UDP, and higher-level protocols like HTTP)
- Expertise in Linux system administration and in automating, configuring, managing, or provisioning with tools like Chef, Salt, Ansible, CloudFormation, Puppet, etc. *
- Proficiency in using or managing a variety of open source technologies, databases, tools, and cloud services
- A collaborative spirit and results-oriented focus
- Ability to resolve problems & take initiative
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in Windows system administration and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), a plus
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.